Saturday, April 12, 2014

The World is Very Strange




While watching the Yankees v Red Sox game, I was reviewing my fantasy team, trying to decide who to replace Avisail Garcia with, as the young White Sox outfielder is out for the season with shoulder surgery.  Yengurvis Sulerte had been having a nice game for the Yankees and is at roughly 50% owned on CBS Sportsline, so I did what people do these days - I tweeted at Eric Karabell of ESPN for advice.




@karabellespn Is #Solarte playable in 12 team mixed?






Much to my surprise, a few minutes later@SulertePls favorite my tweet.  This totally freaks me out.

We not only live in a world where I can regularly communicate with analysts from ESPN, but we live in a world where I can misspell a player’s name in a tweet with a hashtag in front of it and he can pick up his telephone in the locker room in New York right after the game and see that he was mentioned by someone he doesn’t know 3000 miles across the country in Seattle and favorite that tweet. 

I couldn’t even have dreamt of this when I was a kid watching the ONE baseball game a week on my little nine inch black and white television.

I can’t wait to have Yengurvis Sulerte on my fantasy team.  Excuse me while I go up my FAAB bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment